Saturday, February 19, 2011

On our way

Well, I guess I'll resurrect the blog since we are on our way to Ethiopia again. Not sure if anyone will actually read this, but at least I can look it up later myself.

We left Manitowoc around noon on Friday the 18th and we're already enjoying our layover in London. The girls did remarkably well on the 8 hour flight (Chicago to London). Though we intended for them to sleep the entire flight, benadryl was no match for their excitement, nearly constant beverage service, and Secretariat as the in-flight movie. They did eventually doze off, however, and the girls probably got about 5 hours of sleep - not too bad - I only managed about two, but I'll take anything I can get on a plane. Before we knew it, the lights were back on the flight attendant was handing us a cup of yogurt and a spork for breakfast... still trying to get my mind around that one.

We are now in the airport lounge at Heathrow awaiting a 12:50 departure (I think that's around 7:00am in Wisconsin) for Addis Ababa via Amman. We land at 2:20am Ethiopian time (another three hours ahead of London) - that's when the girls real culture shock will set in. They will be disappointed with the lack of moving sidewalks at the Bole International Airport.

Thanks again to all the well-wishers. Your prayers have made for a smooth journey so far (either that or it is the calm before the storm). We'll keep this posted as often as possible, but I'm not sure when I'll next have internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment